box (14.5 oz) uncooked multigrain or whole grain rotini or rotelle pasta
cups small fresh broccoli florets
cups cubed cooked turkey breast (1/2 lb)
small onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
medium stalk celery, chopped (1/2 cup)
cup unblanched whole almonds, toasted*
cups Yoplait® Fat Free plain yogurt (from 2-lb container)
cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
tablespoons Dijon mustard
tablespoon champagne vinegar, white wine vinegar or cider vinegar
Cook pasta as directed on package omitting salt and adding broccoli for last 2 minutes of cooking; drain. Rinse with cold water to cool; drain.
In large bowl, mix pasta, broccoli and all remaining salad ingredients except almonds.
In medium bowl, beat dressing ingredients with wire whisk until smooth. Add to pasta mixture; toss to mix well. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors. Before serving, stir in almonds.
- We've replaced ingredients with great-tasting alternatives to create better-for-you recipes that are just as yummy as the originals.
- If the salad is a bit dry, just stir in 1 to 2 tablespoons fat-free (skim) milk before serving.
- Dried cranberries can be substituted for the cherries—also, if you really like poppy seed, go ahead and stir in a little extra.
Serving Size: 1 Serving
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1/2 Vegetable; 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- 75% less fat • 46% fewer calories • 46% more vitamin A than the original recipe. Smart substitutions brought down the fat and calories and broccoli was added for more nutrients.
- Yoplait is a registered trademark of YOPLAIT MARQUES (France) used under license.